Thursday, November 29, 2007

Home Business Los Angeles-Hard Headed? A Home Business May be for You!

Home Business Los Angeles-Hard Headed? A Home Business May be for You!

Many people try every day to start a home business of their own, but very few succeed. It takes perserverance, dedication and patience to be successful in starting your own home business. It also takes a willingness to learn. If you don't have these qualities, you shouldn't even waste your time.


I began my long journey into the world of working at home nearly a year ago. At that time, I had no idea what SEO, html or anything else I saw on the web meant. It was all totally greek to me, I was doing good to open an e-mail!


I began by looking at other people's websites. I would read what they had to say, click on their links to see what was there. When I came upon words that I thought might be something I needed to know, I would do a search on it to find out exactly what it was. I keyed in the word "forums", and there it began. I visited forums, read what other people in the home business world were doing, studied some more until I would figure out exactly how something worked. I am one of those people who actually learn better on my own, figuring something out myself, without someone telling me how to do it.


For months I would study one subject until I felt comfortable that I knew what it was, and how to do it. I would then move on to another area, study that until I knew all about it. My husband thought I had lost my mind. Who in the world would set on a computer, 8 hours a day making NO money, and just keep doing it day after day? Me! I am just THAT hard-headed.
Over the course of about 9 or 10 months, I learned all about building websites (I have built every website I now have in my business), what Search Engine Optimization is, article marketing, building an opt-in list, link exchange and everything else that goes along with internet marketing. I am not an expert by any means, but I do have enough knowledge that I am now making money with my home business!


All of this just to let all of you would-be entrepreneurs know that you don't have to be a genius to start your own home based business. You really don't even have to be all that smart - just hard headed and stubborn like me. It's hard, time-consuming and sometimes very confusing and intimidating. But don't give up! With enough reading, studying, patience and tenacity, you absolutely CAN do it!


Tess Tackett is an author and owner of an interior decor and gifts home based business in Arkansas.


Home Business Colombus

No comments: